- The system incorporates two non contact laser sensors, mounted in differential on a rigid caliper, the component location table is then traversed under multi-axis control to the required position by a 3 axis stage and the EOE rotated to the required position for inspection of each selected feature.
- The system can be supplied for a single fixed diameter or for multiple sizes from 200 – 206 diameter. Using our proven hopper pick & place handling system, a full progression of ends may be loaded for automatic inspection, this high speed handling system ensures minimal handling time loss, resulting in reduced inspection time. The operator selects the end type and size to be measured from an on-screen menu. When the end type is selected the operator will be asked to identify: the Press / Presses, the Lane ID and the samples to be inspected.
- The system is available in two variants; standard and enhanced. The enhanced version allows optional measurement of additional features; please enquire for details.
- Additional interchangeable hoppers, with a capacity of 48 ends, can be supplied and configured for different diameters of end, as required.
- State of the art Windows Software ensures the operator is presented with measurement information, such as Average, Range, Max and Min for all features where applicable.
The Torus Measurement Systems Z601 EOE Progression Gauge has been developed to complement our Automatic Shell Inspection Systems used widely throughout the Metal Packaging Industry. The Z601 gauge is designed for use in an air conditioned quality control laboratory or quality room to ensure best performance and productivity.
The gauge utilises two opposed triangulation laser sensors to measure a range of forms and features on ends at each stage of the manufacturing process. Ends are taken from the press from each stage of the progression from shell to finished end. The gauge uses precision ballscrews driven across roller stages to accurately position each of the ends within the laser caliper. Linear encoders are fitted to each axis for feature and form scanning. The converted ends are automatically loaded from dedicated load stacks. Two load/unload stacks can be loaded into the machine at one time, and 202-206 size components can be loaded with no additional change parts.