- Polychromatic white light is focused onto the target surface by a multi lens optical system. The lenses are arranged so that the white light is dispersed into monochromatic light by controlled chromatic aberration. A specific distance to the target is assigned to each wavelength by a factory calibration. Only the wavelength which is exactly focused on the target is used for measurement. This light reflected from the surface is passed through a confocal aperture onto a spectrometer which detects and processes the spectral changes.
- Components are loaded into part specific tooling within the gauge enclosure. Prior to profiling the aerofoil, the sensor head is moved to the designated datum edge (customer specified) to establish its location, automatically eliminating any positional error of the part in the tooling. Sectional profiles of the aerofoil are then made by rotating the aerofoil and moving the sensor along its scanning axis at pre determined positions along the length of the blade.
Key Features :
- Manual or Robot Load
- Non Contact Confocal Technology
- Powerful Measurement and Statistical Software
- Rapid Data Collection and Processing
- Graphical / Numeric Display
- Proprietary Networking
- Typical Cycle Time for three sectional profiles = 1min 20sec
Additional Features can be tailored to suit metrology requirements
Torus Measurement Systems non-contact aerofoil measurement system utilizes state of the art Confocal technology for rapid non-contact inspection of Turbine and Compressor blades. The system can be supplied either as a manually loaded gauge or as an automated Robot Loaded Cell.