CMM Pallet Systems can include:
Basic Kinematic Pallets
- (300mm x 300mm, 400mm x 400mm and 500mm x 500mm standard sizes)
- Can be manually loaded onto a repeatable base, which is secured to the CMM table
- Measurement program is automatically run
- Requires no clamping
- System can repeat very accurately and cannot be incorrectly loaded
- Enables user to change components quickly, no need to re-align the fixture
- Sizes: 300mm x 300m, 400mm x 400mm, 500mm x 500m
Manual/Automatic Pallet systems
- Pallet is manually or automatically moved in and out of the measuring envelope
- The pallet is either pneumatically clamped in position or uses kinematic locations
- Standard pallet sizes: 600mm x 800mm, 600mm x 1200mm, other, ideal for component weight >100kgs
Bulky components often require heavy lifting equipment to ensure safe handling when loading onto a CMM. This procedure often leads to damage to the CMM, component or worse still an injury to an employee.To ensure safety in your workplace, Torus offer the CMM Loading System.
The system extends away from the CMM and is specifically designed for forklift access to reduce the chance of damage to your vital measurement equipment. Kinematic baseplates ensure a repeatable locating method and can be manually or pneumatically loaded. Our system can work in conjunction with our CMM enclosures, offering maximum protection of your equipment.