Brexit Statement - Torus Technology Group Ltd
22nd February 2019
As the UK embarks upon the final stages of the Brexit arrangement before the UK’s formal exit from the European Union (EU) on March 29th 2019 we are aware of speculation and concerns.
At Torus Technology Group, we are monitoring the political and trade situation very closely. Torus Technology Group is a global company and has trading routes throughout the world that could be utilised to support alternative supply chains. To mitigate the risk surrounding supply chain we have put a number of measures in place:
- We have embarked on a program of increasing stock levels at our UK headquarters.
- We have revised existing agreements with our own suppliers to ensure that they have increased their stock holding in the UK and ring fenced that stock for Torus.
- We have setup a European critical spares warehouse in the Czech Republic to ensure that we can continue to supply our customers with critical spares within Europe on an expedited shipping service.
- We have increased our stock holding levels in our U.S office and preparations have been made to allow us to ship spare parts to Countries outside of Europe directly from the U.S if delays at UK borders begin to have an effect on the UK’s ability to expedite shipments to global destinations.
- In preparation for an increase in Shipping documentation requirements, we have trained additional staff in export and export documentation requirements and have improved our internal systems to allow us to cope accordingly.
We are committed to providing you, our valued customer, with the best possible ordering experience and customer service and as part of that commitment, we will continue to optimise our service and supply chain.
To ensure that we are able to continue to deploy our service engineers globally, we use the services of a dedicated travel / VISA management company who employ a number of experts that are ready and able to manage our engineers travel requirements if complications arise as a result of the UK exiting Europe.
Managing Director - Torus Technology Group Ltd