- Non-contact Confocal Measurement:Polychromatic white light is focused onto the target surface by a multi lens optical system. The lenses are arranged so that the white light is dispersed into monochromatic light by controlled chromatic aberration. A specific distance to the target is assigned to each wavelength by a factory calibration. Only the wavelength which is exactly focused on the target is used for measurement. This light reflected from the surface is passed through a confocal aperture onto a spectrometer which detects and processes the spectral changes.
- Powerful Measurement and Statistical Software
- Graphical / Numeric Display
- Shop-floor Hardened
- Single or Batch Automatic Measurement
- The 4-axis motion control system is driven by high accuracy micro-stepping motors giving positional feedback, providing high resolution and high speed with stability and reliability.
- Since the emitter and receiver are arranged in a single axis, shadowing is avoided, in contrast to conventional triangulation sensors.
Torus Measurement Systems Polymer Patella Insert measurement system utilises state of the art confocal technology for rapid non-contact inspection of surface profiles on orthopaedic patella inserts, eliminating the need for handheld and subjective profile gauges and comparators which can potentially mark the component and are less accurate. The system is designed for operational use on the shop-floor therefore giving the machine tool operator or quality control personnel a quick and repeatable measurement without having to go to the inspection lab.